Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm Grateful

Photo: www.lallystore.com

At this point in time, I'm trying really hard to be grateful. It's Thanksgiving this week and I don't want to mope around feeling sorry for myself. So, I'm not. I'm focusing on the things that are beautiful in my life and temporarily forgetting the things that I cannot control.

Things that I'm grateful for right now:
  • Zay - He's the sweetest man on the planet when he wants to be... always serving others and being so nice and selfless. Despite his tough exterior, he's a teddy bear! He loves me and makes me feel so comfortable. He teaches me so much. I tell him he's my soul mate and he laughs at me, because he loves me more than he can say and I throw out every cliche in the book. Ha ha.
  • My younger brother and his family - I love having them so close to us. I missed my brother soooo much when Zay and I moved 2,000 miles away from our families so that I could go to school... but he decided to follow suit a couple years later, and I'm so glad he's here. And I love my nephew! Family is everything. My nephew is who made me realize I wanted kids. He is amazing and I felt a different kind of love when he came around.
  • My kitties - I love their companionship, even though they think they're here to be worshiped. They're so arrogant and stuck up, ha ha. I love them to death. Sometimes Felix will lay down beside me on the couch and reach out his little paw to touch my leg. Awww! He loves me back.
  • My education - I'm pursuing a few different jobs right now, still trying to find the right fit... but I'm so grateful that I have my degree and I know I'll always be able to get a job and help provide for my family. BYU changed me for the better and is a huge part of who I am today.
  • Friends, especially those who are/were on similar paths as me - They give me hope that everything will work out how it's supposed to. Without my support system, I'm sure I'd be swirling around in a dark corner of my mind. The path to Baby #1 is hard, but I feel supported.
  • Thanksgiving - Family, friends, and food. Mmmmmm.... There's nothing better.





1 comment:

  1. Great post Alice. I am so happy you have so many people in your life that you are grateful for.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog