Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Worrying

Photo: www.zazzle.com

I tend to be a huge worrier lately. I haven't always been like this. When I decided to pack up an old, run-down 70's Chevy van and drive across the country to a state I'd never been to, I didn't have a care in the world. Now that I'm older... and adult life has set in... and I know more about life and struggles and consequences... I've started to worry a lot more.

And, of course, the thing I worry about the most is having kids. If I was popping out babies left and right without any time to think about it, I probably wouldn't be worrying so much (or maybe I would, for different reasons). It's the fact that it's such an excruciatingly slow process for me that I think about it day in and day out until I start to worry about every possible thing that could go wrong.

I try to take my mind off it - going out and having fun, spending lots of time with the hubby, etc. Also, I've grown to love yoga and meditation. It helps to clear my mind and focus on what my body can do rather than can't.

And I like to read the Scriptures and try to find answers. Here's a couple that stood out to me today:

Philippians 4:6-7 (New International Version)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:6-7 (New International Version)
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog