Thursday, December 3, 2009

You Were Born in Your Mama's Heart

In the adoption community, there are a lot of people who use the expression "You were born in your Mama's heart" when explaining to their child their adoption story. Some people think it's cheesy, but I love that expression.

There was a seed planted in my heart about adoption and I can feel it every day. I think about it all the time and I know it is something we are supposed to do.

When I adopt, I'm gonna be sure to let my child know as early as they'll understand that they were adopted and that they were born of my heart and not my body. I think it's important for them to know that it took a special love for them to come into my life. A different love, but an equal love. That we spent years trying to bring a child into our family. They need to know the love I have for them and the circumstances of their birth and adoption as early as possible, so that they're not confused about their standing in the family. They need to know that they came into my life differently than most children come to their Mamas, but that they belong. :)

And I'll definitely have to get this shirt, because it is just TOO cute!:

Photo: www.babybrewing.com





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog