Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's 2010

Photo: www.goodfinancialcents.com


It's a new year!

I'm still trying to figure out whether to say "twenty-ten" or "two-thousand-ten." And if I've lived in the '80s, '90s, and the 2000's...then what the heck do we call this new decade? The '10s? The teens? I don't know. I'm confused. All I know is that this year came too quickly ("that's what she said" - sorry, I watch way too much of "The Office"). I wasn't fully prepared for the whole "reflecting on goals from last year and starting over and making new goals" thing. Last year, I didn't make any concrete goals... mostly I just wanted to graduate (check), get down to my ideal weight (nope), and get pregnant (I obviously have no choice in this matter). These goals haven't changed very much. So, here's what I want out of 2010:
  • I graduated from college, dangit! So now I need to decide what I want to do for the next 5 years or so (get a "real" job, go to cosmetology school, go back to BYU for my Master's, keep doing hair...???...pick something!!!)
  • Have/adopt a baby - this isn't a goal, but it is something I hope will come out of this year.
  • Get down to 135lbs, dangit!
  • Be a little better - a better wife, sister, daughter, member of the Church, etc.
And that's about it.

I spent New Year's Eve braiding a lot of hair and watching a lot of VH1 countdowns (most shocking music moments ever, top music videos of 2009, recaps of the decade, etc.). I even watched WWE wrestling for like 30 minutes (I promise a friend wanted to watch it...that was the ONLY reason) and I laughed SO HARD. I drank some sparkling cider, kissed Zay at midnight, and was asleep by 12:30. Ha ha ha. It was cool. :)





1 comment:

  1. Those are good goals Alice. VH1 is perfect for New Years Eve celebrations :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog