Sunday, January 10, 2010

Zay Would Be an Adorable Father



A friend brought her new baby over when she came for Christmas dinner. I went to pick her up and it took like 20 minutes to put the car seat in and get the baby buckled down. I was thinking, "Have mercy - after I have a baby, I'm gonna have to leave 30 minutes early to everywhere I have to go." Ha ha ha. Then she had to change his diaper twice – right before she left and halfway through the party. And then he pooped immediately after getting changed. I was thinking, "Geez - I wonder how many diapers she goes through in a day?" And then he cried and fussed. I thought, "Oh, man – what am I getting myself into???" Ha ha ha. She kept asking me, "Are you sure you want a baby?"

But then ... I saw Zay holding the baby and feeding him and I ALMOST DIED. My heart melted.

Zay's wanted kids at least since he was 18. He's been waiting patiently for 10 years for that dream to be fulfilled. He's such a softie when it comes to kids and he's so good with them. No baby cries when he's around. And he's always trying to set a good example for the kids in his life, especially if they don't have a decent father figure. He's always going down to the teen center in Provo and getting a bunch of kids together to play basketball – keeping them out of trouble and giving them something better to do. I'm so proud of the person he's become over the years. He has so much to give as a father, and sometimes I just feel so bad that I haven't been able to give him that opportunity. He's all but given up hope that we'll be able to adopt or have a kid ... I think that's why he's been so slow about signing adoption papers. He doesn't want to get his hopes up anymore. It's sad, but I'm doing all that I can to make our dream a reality. All I know is that he would be an amazing father and I can't wait for the day when he's holding and feeding his own child. My heart aches just thinking about it.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog