Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

Since Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday this year, we celebrated Saturday night. We were both exhausted from a long day of working with hair clients, but we managed to get something to eat and then stayed home and played Scrabble and talked. Ha ha. I'm so low maintenance. I would be so pissed if Zay wasted money on flowers (that just DIE) or jewelry (not my thing) or chocolate (HELLO - I'm trying to lose weight!). All I wanted was some quality time... and Scrabble. :) I'm sure Zay's happy he was off the hook.

On Sunday, we taught Primary and we had a lot of fun! I feel so inadequate when I teach, but they're little kids and they don't care - they just want to have fun. So, it always ends up being such a good lesson and a fun time. I'm sure it has a lot to do with our class being made up of all girls. They are so well behaved! And Zay is soooo adorable with them. It was a good way to start off the day. Then we spent the rest of the day relaxing together and it felt so good to have nothing to do! It was a great Valentine's Day.

Zay and I started dating on September 22, 2001. As of Valentine's Day, it's been 8 years, 4 months, and 24 days since then! Or 3068 days! Holy cow! I can't believe it's been that long, but at the same time... I'm only 24 so I feel like I'm just getting started. I'm so looking forward to spending another 8 years, 4 months, and 24 days together. Ha ha ha. We talked about our relationship a little bit this weekend and Zay told me how much he loves being married and loves that we can just be ourselves around each other and everything's okay. It's nice and comfortable. And I definitely agree. :)

I made this digital scrapbook a couple years ago for Valentine's Day:



















1 comment:

  1. Love the scrapbook pages! And a night of Scrabble is definitely the way to go.

    If I remember right, isn't Angie Walton your cousin? I can certainly see the resemblance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog