Saturday, March 20, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Finals Week 1

I've been doing a mediocre job at picking who goes home each week of this season. Lacey Brown and Tim Urban were two of my picks to go home the very first week of the semi-finals (with the Top 24). Lacey sang a horrible version of "Landslide" and Tim butchered "Apologize". But somehow they stuck around to make it to the Top 12. Lacey's voice to me sounds like nails on a chalkboard. And I don't get the whole "little girl voice singing" that she does. Lilly Scott and Didi Benami have a similar style, but they actually pulled it off.

Her hair was cool, though. I definitely liked the hair. Ha ha.

Photo: www.rickey.org

Tim is the cutest thing on the planet with his deer-caught-in-headlights look and genuine humility (he has no idea how he's gotten this far in the competition), but he's definitely one of the weakest contestants and is probably solely getting by on the tween vote. Ha ha. I want to hate him, but he's just so darn cute. And likable. And he's actually been getting better in my opinion. I'm betting he'll be safe just one more week, so he can make the Top 10 and all the tweens can see him on the AI Tour this summer.

Photo: www.votefortheworst.com

So, Lacey was finally sent home this week. I was happy, but my personal pick to go home was Andrew Garcia. I don't see what anybody sees in this guy. He's not attractive in the least. He tries to take pop songs by female artists and turn them into acoustic male performances (just weird). Last week he sang "Genie in a Bottle" for crying out loud! I don't get it. He reminds me of Danny Gokey from last season - someone who made it really far in the competition, but I had no clue why. There was no appeal whatsoever. *shrugs*

Photo: www.rickey.org

Just one more person gets booted before they get to the Top 10 who'll go on tour, and I'm hoping against hope that next week Andrew will tank. *crosses fingers*

Oh, yeah - this week the theme was the Rolling Stones... and I heard next week will be something like Teen Idols (???). I don't know what that means, but if someone sings an *Nsync song (Tim preferably), I am just going to DIE of happiness! Ha ha.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog