Wednesday, March 24, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Finals Week 2

 Photo: www.mjsbigblog.com

I thought this week was the most entertaining of the season so far. It's about time! I started wondering why I liked this show in the first place... And with my love for all things American Idol, you know it has to be a horrible season for me to start thinking like that!

They changed the theme from the potentially awesome "Teen Idols" to "Billboard #1 Hits" - which is much more broad and boring. But it actually turned out okay.

The most obviously horrible performance was Paige Miles' "Against All Odds," with a really close second going to Andrew Garcia's "Heard It Through the Grapevine." Have mercy, those were horrible. And they made me miss the awesomeness that was Alex Lambert (and his mullet). Speaking of Alex, here's a video of him on Ellen's show. He was a nervous wreck when he performed and needed more stage presence, but he deserved to be on that stage this week, for sure.

Spotlight on Tim Urban for a second: he is sooooo funny to me. Last week he had a very bizarre Raggae interpretation of a dark Rolling Stones song, and this week he picked the cheesiest song ever and then ran around and slid on the stage. OMG, he is desperate to get on the tour! Ha ha ha. He's so entertaining, so I say what the heck - give it to him. Plus, he's a nice guy!

 Photo: www.votefortheworst.com

So, I was begging the American Idol gods to please kick off Andrew this week. GO HOME! Why are you still here?!?! VoteForTheWorst.com is supporting Tim, so I figured he was safe. And according to history, the lone black diva always makes it to the tour, so I figured Paige was safe. That left no one but Andrew! The logic made sense, didn't it? Well, not to America. The black diva went home, and Andrew wasn't even in the bottom 3! Grrr...

Photo: www.rickey.org

My favorite performances were Crystal Bowersox's "Me and Bobby McGee" and Katie Stevens' "Big Girls Don't Cry." And Katie ended up being in the bottom 3 rather than Andrew. I wasn't a fan of hers up to this point, but based on her performance last night, she should have been completely safe for sure. *Big sigh...* I don't get it. Apparently, neither does Crystal. HA HA.

Next week's theme is "Soul and R&B," with Usher as the mentor. That's my kinda week! I just hope that not everyone picks a slow love song. That would be BOR-ING. I don't know who to pick to go home next week. Apparently there is a huge fanbase out there for Andrew that just cannot be defeated. So, I'll just have to see who tanks before I can decide. :)

This week's American Idol in 60 Seconds with Jim Cantiello:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog