Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Other Side of Adoption

Photo: www.reallifeblog.net

I found a good article from a lady who was adopted as a baby from an orphanage in Vietnam. She talks about being drawn to the story of Hannah and Samuel in the Old Testament. Her thoughts on the subject remind me of my own.

I like this quote:
I love birth moms. They are the unsung heroes representing the other side of adoption. While it’s great to honor the coming together, I think it is equally important to honor the coming undone. And so, I honor my birth mom:

Thank you for the gift of your sacrifice. Thank you for bravely walking away and giving me over to something better even if I cried. Thank you for thinking about me all these years (like I know you must) wishing you could give me a hug, a kiss, a touch, or a little token made with your love. Thank you for loving me enough. I remember you.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog