Thursday, April 8, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Finals Week 4

 Photo: www.mjsbigblog.com

Okay, finally I enjoyed an episode. There were more good performances than trainwrecks. I've been waiting for some performances that just *wow* me - and this week had a few!

Siobhan Magnus recovered from last week's sketchy performance with a very subdued "Across the Universe". She regained her spot as the only girl who can challenge Crystal Bowersox. And I love her quirky style. Go Siobhan!

Photo: www.rickey.org

Photo: www.mjsbigblog.com

Lee Dewyze has gained a lot of confidence the past couple weeks and I'm just loving him! I love his voice, his humility, his hilarious personality - he had a bagpipe player come out in the middle of his performance. OMG - I almost died laughing! I'm rooting for him to make Top 3! I'd buy his CD.

Photo: www.mjsbigblog.com

Tim Urban has lasted longer than any other Vote For The Worst pick. The longer he stays in the competition, the more I want him to stick around. He was smart this week and turned in a sort-of-actually-kind-of-okay performance that would win him votes from the general population instead of just his Worster supporters. Smart guy! He was so genuinely surprised at the judges' positive critiques when he was done - he's just too cute. Go Tim!

Photo: www.mjsbigblog.com

The best performances:
Crystal Bowersox's "Come Together"
Lee Dewyze's "Hey Jude"
Casey James' "Jealous Guy"
Siobhan Magnus "Across the Universe"
Katie Stevens' "Let It Be"

The worst performances:
Andrew Garcia's "Can't Buy Me Love"
Aaron Kelly's "The Long and Winding Road"

Results:
So, for some reason I think this week's results show was all just a big set up for Tim Urban to go home next week. Sad! On the week that he finally managed to escape the bottom 3! Big Mike (who has been overrated since the beginning) had the lowest number of votes, but the judges "saved" him. Now two people have to go home next week. This is some bull! Andrew was the one who should have left. He has long worn out his welcome. I wouldn't have minded if Aaron had gone home either. But next week, all three of those contestants will get a butt load of sympathy votes and Tim will most likely not be able to escape a double elimination. Bull! Plus, I feel like my votes didn't even count for anything, since everybody has to vote again next week on the same group of contestants. Hmmmm.... I don't think I like the judge's save. Last year, theloveofmylife Anoop Desai got booted the week after someone getting "saved." Bull!

This week's American Idol in 60 Seconds with Jim Cantiello:







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog