Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Are You Sure You Want Kids?"

Photo: www.humor-articles.com

I've been asked that question one too many times, usually by someone who is letting their bad little kids run wild through Target. Ummm, the answer is YES. Would I really spend years of my life in pursuit of something that I really didn't want? Or do they think that their idiotic question is somehow going to completely change my mind - "Oh, I didn't even think about it like that! Maybe I don't want kids! Thank you!" So, am I sure I want kids? YES... Just not YOUR kids with YOUR parenting. :)





3 comments:

  1. LOL

    If anyone ever asks you that again, just say what you just said. "Yes, I do want kids, just not YOUR kids."

    I just hope that I never turn into that kind of mom, who is miserable with the way her kids are turning out. I mean, I understand that sometimes it's not the mom's fault, that certain ages are just awful to deal with, but I've seen way too much terrible parenting to feel sorry for people who say "are you sure you want kids?" HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. That question annoys me too. You take the good with the bad. And seriously, if you don't just love spending time with your kids, I'll gladly take them off your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Girl - This one very good example of terrible parenting comes to mind when I talk about things like this. The mom doesn't discipline her kids at all and lets them destroy both her house and any place that she goes... and then laughs at me for wanting kids because "that's just the way they are." UMMMM, no. That's not the kids, honey. That's the parents. Lol.

    @Christie - I don't know if they think they're making us 'infertiles' feel better by saying those kinds of things or what, but it sure doesn't help anything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog