Friday, November 12, 2010

Our Relationship in Six Words

I love the site "Black and Married with Kids"... seriously, I forget I'm white sometimes. I mean, if you grow up with black people, live the culture, fall in love with a black man... it happens, I guess. I look in the mirror sometimes and say, "Who's that vampire???" Ha ha ha.

Anyways! They have such thought-provoking articles about marriage and parenting and the challenges that come with it all... sometimes race-specific challenges. I'm always reading it. I read a post that wasn't anything deep or insightful, but was kind of cute. It was about summarizing your marriage in 6 words.

It wasn't hard to come up with something. I immediately thought, "We're Still Down For Each Other." I counted the words on my fingers (LOL)... gave myself credit for the contraction... and said, "Yep, that's it."

Despite our issues (everybody has some), despite our right-outta-high-school wedding, despite our struggles with infertility... when it comes down to it, we're still here. We'll always be here. We're loyal. No matter what has come our way in the looong 9 years that we've been together, we've found some way to tough it out and remember why we first fell in love. It hasn't been easy. No way! Marriage wasn't meant to be easy - it's the merging of two lives together in love and purpose. It takes a lot of growing (sometimes painfully) and commitment and sacrifice. But we're still down for each other and wouldn't have it any other way. :)

2001

2010






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog