Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm Having a Baby Shower!

Front of the awesome baby shower announcements my friend made for me! Superman theme!

Our little baby boy is due on March 9th! That's only 3 weeks away! I'm having a baby shower on the 26th, so I'm hoping and praying the baby doesn't come any earlier than that! Ha ha. It's very possible that he could disrupt any plans we try to make, but that's okay. We've come this far with plenty of surprises, so nothing would shock us at this point. If anyone needs specifics on where and when the baby shower will be held, email us at xavierandaliceanne AT gmail DOT com

A friend of mine made the invitations. I gave her no directions at all, but they turned out perfectly! Zay absolutely loved them and said that he might have to show up if it's Superman-themed - "I feel like it's a birthday party for ME!" LOL. His birthday's on the 27th and he's just happy as can be that our adoption is taking place so close to his special day.

I'm so glad that things feel so solid with our birthmother and that she made up her mind with enough time for us to actually have a baby shower and enjoy the pre-birth excitement with her. We got to see videos from her 36- and 37-week doctor's appointments. Heard the heartbeat! I didn't know how much that would mean to me until I heard it. I was at work, watching the video on my phone and my heart was beating just as hard as his! One of my coworkers gave me the biggest grin and said, "That's your baby!" Oh! I almost died! I hadn't made that connection for some reason. It all felt real and I was so grateful for that small moment. I can't be right there with the birth mom to feel the baby kick or go to doctor's appointments with her and things like that, but her and her aunt make sure we feel involved and I am so, so, so very grateful for that! Our baby's 2,000 miles away, but I can feel him. :)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog