Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Have No Words


It's like when the most important parts of the story are happening, I just can't find the words to write!

I'm laying here at my brother's place in Georgia. Zay's on one side of me, snoring away, and on the other side of me is A BABY in a bassinet! What the...? Lol. I'm kind of in shock because 1) the hospital experience didn't go as planned AT ALL, 2) I'm trying to figure out the bonding process when we're still in 'vacation mode' and none of this feels real for me yet, and 3) this whole thing isn't over yet. A lot of completely unexpected drama came up at the last minute that is going to be an extra hurdle and quite a hassle to get through.

When I get out of this 'shock,' and I figure out what I can and cannot write about, I'll try to catch up!





4 comments:

  1. you don't know me. i stumbled upon your blog by chance. my husband and i were approved just around the time you and your husband were. you are in my thoughts and prayers! i hope things go a little more smoothly for you, and that you can bring your baby home soon. hang in there! i'm sure it's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! That is so exciting! I hope that you can get over the hurdle soon and that things work out well. For now, just enjoy the peace and love that a newborn brings. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Annie - Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I have no idea who reads it sometimes, so random comments are appreciated just so I know who's out there. :)

    I definitely wanna follow your adoption process if that's cool. I'm an avid adoption blog stalker. Ha ha. I feel like we all need people rooting for us, even complete strangers. :)

    Your passalong cards look GREAT, by the way. And I have a completely unbiased eye. ;) There are sooo many things you can do to "market" yourselves. It's actually quite overwhelming. But passalong cards are definitely the first thing I was planning on doing. Things happened so quickly for us that we didn't need them, but I would still highly recommend them! Do you follow "the r house" blog? Lindsey ("mrs. r") is an awesome resource about marketing yourself and open adoptions and things like that.

    Anyways, thanks for dropping by! :) :)

    @David and Melanie - thanks a bunches!

    @Kylee - I have been enjoying motherhood SO much now that we're back home. It's definitely a different kind of LOVE that I've never felt before!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog