Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm Loving Life

One of my favorite things to do is to drive in the car by myself. I get to do this to and from my carpool everyday commuting to work and back. I play something loud and infectious... and I sing at the top of my lungs. I don't care how I look to other drivers! I just belt it out... imagining that I'm in a movie scene and somehow the song fits perfectly as the soundtrack to that particular moment in my life. Time slows down and I forget the real world momentarily.

I think of the lyrics to one of my all-time favorite songs (Matchbox Twenty's "Real World")...

I wonder what it's like to be a superhero
I wonder where I'd go if I could fly around downtown
From some other planet, I get this funky high on yellow sun
[Superman reference! Eeeek! <-- comic book nerd squeal]
Boy I bet my friends will all be stunned...

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me...


I like to imagine the world with superheros. And little ole me with superpowers. I'd love to fly... or teleport, that could be so useful. When I'm driving, I imagine these things... I remember pre-adult life, before rent and bills and responsibility. Adult life can be hard and tiring and stressful and ridiculous. Sometimes I think my fantasy world inside my head is a much better place. My escape.

And then I remember my beautiful Kal-El. The most handsome 2 month old on the planet. He's my everything. I never could imagine something so fantastic. As much as I like to think and dream and imagine, nothing compares to real life with my little man.

So, I hurry home and sing to him instead... and he sings right back at me. I think he gets me. Ha ha. :)

My little superhero...








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog