Monday, February 13, 2012

"I Stand All Amazed"

My favorite hymn lately has been "I Stand All Amazed"... I can read the words over and over again. I noticed recently that the word LOVE is in every verse. The Savior's love amazes me. He loves me in all my imperfections... He gave His life for me, personally. His love is perfect. I want that... I need that kind of love in my life. When I stray and my faith is shaken, my life immediately feels empty and pointless without His love. I can't even imagine how wonderful it would be (will be) to greet Him in heaven... and give him the biggest hug ever! I bet His presence will be so comforting and gentle and reassuring.

I've been confused a lot lately about what love really is, what it means, what it does to a person, how it can drive you. We all need to be loved. Life seems to be one big search for "the one"... I can't even watch chick flicks anymore, because they're so unrealistic... (and there's so much to the story after finding "the one" that never gets discussed). Actually, that's a lie. I watch chick flicks all the time, and I totally enjoy them... but I also rip them apart and get on the characters' cases for their terrible choices. Ha ha. Anyways, love on this earth is so flawed... we confuse it with infatuation or sensuality. And we're all imperfect. It's difficult... probably near impossible... to love unconditionally. We all get vulnerable or selfish at times. The flesh is weak. Some people's hearts are more tender than others (ever knew someone who fell in love very easily?).

What is real love? Real love isn't selfish or needy or lustful. It's pure, Christlike, selfless. God is love. Something about that thought just blows me away.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog