Saturday, May 19, 2012

Easter 2012






Since it was just the two of us for so long (before Kal came along), our holiday traditions haven't been necessarily kid-friendly. Our only Easter tradition has been to watch The Passion of the Christ... not something I'd let Kal watch until he was much older. We still watch it, but we wait till Kal's in the bed.

We watched all the Blu-ray's special features this year too and I love this interview with Jim Caviezel, the guy who played Jesus, on how it felt to play Him:


Easter was really chill. We had a super quiet day at home this year. I didn't think Kal was old enough yet to have fun with an Easter egg hunt, and not coordinated enough yet to dye eggs, so we skipped out on that. I don't cook much - that's Zay's thing when he has time - but on holidays I like to try my hand at baking fun holiday-themed treats. I didn't get around to it when it was actually Easter, though. Dang. Although I have my eye on these super cute Springtime marshmallow cupcakes that I will make. Sometime in the irrelevant future... when it is no longer Easter nor Spring nor a holiday. Ha ha. When I feel like it. I'll just yell "Happy Easter!" after I finally do make them and call it good. :)

Just like I'm posting this over a month late! That's how I roll.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog