Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

My Mother's Day celebrating was pretty awesome this year. I got time to myself (I'm pretty sure this is most moms' #1 requested gift for Mother's Day), a copy of the Lion King on Bluray to start my Disney Bluray collection (what I asked for), a cookout with friends, and I got to take a few pictures at the park. I loved it. I couldn't ask for anything else.

Excerpt from my journal:

"It's Mother's Day! I definitely feel differently today than I did a couple years ago. I'm not feeling broken, at all. I'm not hurting when it comes to feeling so helpless about creating my family. It feels like that huge brick wall that was keeping me from being able to have kids of my own and to be called a "mother" has been demolished... and there's just a little speed bump left behind. Having one child lifted the majority of that burden. I feel healed. I feel confident that with a little planning and saving, and a little patience... we can add as many children to our family as we want to. That knowledge is very freeing and I don't obsess over the "what if's" anymore. I feel very calm and at peace with that part of my life. I feel very satisfied with the way adopting Kal-El turned out and I am very, very happy with my little family of 3. That being said, we do want to adopt again. It's been something we're turning over in our minds and trying to work out the details for. We're not ready... yet. But it is a goal - something we're aiming our lives towards accomplishing. ... I'm blessed and I owe God everything."






















2 comments:

  1. Alice Anne, you are SO PRETTY! I'm jealous.

    And is Kal eating steak? That's the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Anna! I have to try really hard to be pretty, so don't be jealous. Ha ha. You're naturally pretty!

      Kal's eating a hamburger. He wants to shove the whole dang thing in his mouth at once!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog