Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kal's Birth Certificate Came in the Mail!

Photo: www.georgia.gov

Yay for the day Kal's birth certificate finally came in the mail! Seriously! Ha ha. That one little thing was keeping us from getting a ton of stuff done. Quite an annoyance. And I hated that I had no idea when it was going to come in the mail and there was nothing else I could do to make it go any faster. I like to get things done and I hate waiting on slowpokes!

Included with the copies of his birth certificate was the letter I sent requesting the copies, so now I know for certain that our lawyer didn't order it for us like we were told. Because I sent my request in 4 months after he said he sent his in and mine took a little over a month to process and get back to me.

We waited months for nothing. Isn't that an *awesome* feeling? Lol. That right there makes me want to use a different lawyer for our next adoption. I don't like to be lied to or treated like I don't matter. Unprofessional. And I want my money back for those alleged copies that were never ordered, dangit!

We immediately got Kal's SSN issue taken care of and filed an amended tax return to claim the Adoption Tax Credit! With that money we'll have a good head start on adoption expenses for Baby #2! That's exciting. :) But of course, it's just more "hurry up and wait," because claiming the Adoption Tax Credit required our amended tax return to be sent in through the mail rather than e-filed and they check each of them thoroughly (because people try to scam the IRS all the time), so it could take a few months before we see a dime of that money. Oh, well.

Hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait. :P





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog