Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Got my collards and sweet taters going!

Thanksgiving was spent cooking and eating and playing video games. We have the new Wii U. I'm freaking myself out playing ZombiU! I love turning all the lights off and playing a super creepy video game. Little things like that make me happy. :)

My heart is so full right now. It's like every day is Thanksgiving.

I've hit some kind of point in life where everything is so perfect and I'm savoring every second. I wouldn't change a thing. It's like I can feel that these are some of the best memories I'm going to make and I will remember this time for the rest of my life. I've been soaking it in and allowing myself to be happy and feel the peace that God is giving me. His blessings are obvious, abundant, palpable. I'm very aware that I'm being blessed right now.

Kal is so fun. Zay is so sweet and provides for my every need. I love my family! I have a warm, cozy place to live. I have a car that is like "The Little Engine That Could" and is so reliable. I have this amazing new computer (finally got a Mac!) that Zay got me, so I can watch all my Korean dramas online and feel like I'm in an HD movie theater (this screen is huge!). I've got two kitties who are happy and fat, who keep my feet warm at night. I have good food to eat and my cooking skills have improved tremendously. Thanksgiving dinner = success! I even cooked collard greens (cooked with the turkey neck, of course)! I'm spending the holidays in my own home with my little family - all our traveling is already out of the way for the year. I have a talent (braiding hair) that brings in extra money when we need it. The pace of my life has slowed down enough to have time to enjoy reading and meditating and writing to my heart's content. I have awesome friends who make me laugh and lift me up. I'm healthy. My family is healthy. We're safe.

And... as impatient as I am, I'm grateful for our tax refund (that has yet to arrive)... because with it, we will be able to move on with adoption plans without having to worry about the financial aspect of it AT ALL. How awesome is that? I am so thankful.



I'm still working on my cooking skills, but I've always been able to make a mean pumpkin pie. Mmm, mmm, mmm!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog