Thursday, December 6, 2012

60-Day Hiking Challenge: The "Y": Week 2

This past summer I decided to challenge myself physically. I needed something repetitive that I didn't have to think about each day - I would just get up and go. I wanted to be outside. I wanted Kal with me. Most of the time I wanted it to be just me & him, so I could use the time to meditate and think. It was a very cleansing experience. Brought a lot of peace in my life to be in nature and to spend that much one-on-one time with my son. I decided on a 60-day hiking challenge up to the "Y" in Provo. The goal was 6 hikes a week for 10 weeks. This was Week 2.

Hiking Day 7.

Comparing Kal's "tan" to my pasty legs...


Hiking Day 8. Some days I had company!

Snake! Ahhh! I tried to face my fear and stare it in the eye...


I was trying hard to get a good picture, but this got too close for comfort and I freaked out right after I took this pic!!!




Running back down.

A second snake in the same day! We thought this one might be poisonous... Can you see it in the grass? I was too skerred to get too close!!


Hiking Day 9. I know he's got to be thinking, "It's hot!!"





Sometimes hiking doubled as naptime for Kal...

But he'd always wake up happy at the end!

Hiking Day 10.


Too hot for a shirt!

Working on making his farmer's tan an all-over tan.



Playing in the dirt.

Slobbing and eating rocks. Ack! Had to grab that quick. He totally reminds me of a Goron from Zelda... with his little pot belly, ha ha.


Loving being outside!


There was a huge fire across the lake! Don't know what that was about.

Hiking Day 11.


Hiking Day 12. Didn't actually take any pictures on this hike, but here's one from that day... Eek! Recovering from getting burnt at the pool! It was very, very hard to put clothes on to hike... OUCH. But I did it.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog