Monday, December 17, 2012

60-Day Hiking Challenge: The "Y": Week 3

This past summer I decided to challenge myself physically. I needed something repetitive that I didn't have to think about each day - I would just get up and go. I wanted to be outside. I wanted Kal with me. Most of the time I wanted it to be just me & him, so I could use the time to meditate and think. It was a very cleansing experience. Brought a lot of peace in my life to be in nature and to spend that much one-on-one time with my son. I decided on a 60-day hiking challenge up to the "Y" in Provo. The goal was 6 hikes a week for 10 weeks. This was Week 3.

Hiking Day 13.


Hottest day so far! 93 degrees...
I'm sizzling!!
Hiking Day 14. Got sunscreen in my eye right as I started the hike. Gah!

Hiking Day 15.
My calves are outta control!
The very last stretch. I get so excited when I can see the "Y"!
Hiking Day 16. Kal with his sneaky face... ha ha!
Always trying to steal my phone away from me.


Getting sleepy... playing with the straps.




Lizard! I see tons of these little guys. Yay for nature!
Hiking Day 17. Hiking with a friend, so she got some good pics on her camera rather than my cell phone. But she refused to get in the pics! Ha ha.





Hiking Day 18. On the drive before hiking: the "Y" is waaaay up there...
HUGE dandelion thingie mabobbers...





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog