Friday, January 25, 2013

The "Waiting" Period: Week 1

We were approved a week ago and that begins the fun process of getting the word out about our plans to adopt! Yay!

Our adoption approval letter came in the mail. :)

Last time we went through this crazy adoption process, I was so busy with work that I waited a few weeks before really trying to brainstorm ways to reach out and network. (Work was a good distraction from the waiting process, by the way.) Then I started making some passalong cards to give to friends and family and to leave at various places, etc. But before I could even order them, we were contacted by a series of 4 expectant mothers who were considering adoption and took an interest in us as adoptive parents. I was so excited and scared and surprised! I had expected to only have to face one situation at a time and that we would have to wait much longer than we did.

Kal came to us so quickly. It seriously took my breath away that it happened so fast. I was in a state of shock. At the hospital where Kal was born, I shut down emotionally and was very, very quiet. I didn't know how to respond. I felt so unprepared for how overwhelming it would feel to adopt and to suddenly be a mother. An insta-mom! And... ha ha... I found out I sweat a lot when I'm nervous. Gross. I was a mess.

Anyway, it turned out that it was the best thing that ever happened in my life. I was meant to be a mother. I was meant to fall in love with adoption. And I want to do it again.

The more people who know about us wanting to adopt, the more our names will be brought up when adoption situations arise. And the faster we will be matched with someone who is looking for adoptive parents. So, share away! HERE is the link to our adoption profile.

The first time around, I had just started blogging and I didn't have much of an "adoption circle" of friends yet. But this time we know so many people with connections and we have an amazing network within the adoption community in real life and online with all my blogging and Facebook friends. Everyone has been so supportive and have offered some very valuable networking on our behalf. You guys have already started to spread the word for us in very helpful and creative ways. I am in awe. :) I am very grateful for the outpouring of support we have received and I thank you all so much for even the simplest act of kindness to help us build our family. It all means so much and I don't feel alone in this at all!

I'm excited and optimistic. But most of all, I'm content with the way things are. And I am prepared to handle disappointment. And not "everything" is riding on us adopting again. We have Kal and he is more than I could have ever imagined. I was so nervous the first time, because it felt like my only chance at becoming a parent and I was aching for a child. Now, my heart is full and healed. Adopting again would just be a way to share the love I already have. To multiply it. I have grown through all of this.

And I know everything will work out as it should.

*positive thinking*
*positive thinking*
*positive thinking*





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...