Sunday, March 24, 2013

60-Day Hiking Challenge: The "Y": Week 7

Last summer I decided to challenge myself physically. I needed something repetitive that I didn't have to think about each day - I would just get up and go. I wanted to be outside. I wanted Kal with me. Most of the time I wanted it to be just me & him, so I could use the time to meditate and think. It was a very cleansing experience. Brought a lot of peace in my life to be in nature and to spend that much one-on-one time with my son. I decided on a 60-day hiking challenge up to the "Y" in Provo. The goal was 6 hikes a week for 10 weeks. This was Week 7.

Hiking Day 37. Spider dangling in front of me...

What the "Y" actually looks like... dirty white paint over rocks/cement.




Nature.

Lizard crossing my path.
Hiking Day 38. Proof I sweat!

Every once in awhile I got a blister.

Wearing these shoes OUT.
Hiking Day 39. Nature. Squirrel? Chipmunk?

Night hiking is the way to go! :)
Hiking Day 40. Kal is still in love with those turn posts.

"Fighter" written on one the the benches. That inspired me. :)






Showing me the cool rocks he finds.




Hiking Day 41. Looking a little worn out...

Every time I passed this wood, I thought, "This would make a great bonfire."
Hiking Day 42. Broke from the pattern of hiking the "Y" and hiked a couple miles of Rock Canyon Trail. I was reaching my limit and needed to break it up.






Beautiful Rock Canyon cliffs in Provo.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog