Things I learned:
- Yellow Twizzlers were harder to find than I thought.
- I over-estimated the size of the ball in comparison to the "goal" part of the cake.
- My cakes tend to sink in the middle...
- Melted chocolate doesn't exactly decorate well (I used it for the lines on the ball).
- I do not know how to frost a cake.
But, it was fun! No fondant this time. I didn't have the energy, lol. I did make 3 different kinds of cake to make it interesting: yellow cake, devil's food cake, and carrot cake.
|Basketball Birthday Cake with mini "smash cupcake."|
HERE is the post about the rest of his birthday. :)