Sunday, March 17, 2013

*Cornrows by Alice Anne* - Part VII

Although I'm a stay-at-home mom now, and the majority of my time is spent with my little boy, I still maintain my steady stream of hair clients. I try to schedule appointments during Kal's naptime, since he's such an amazing sleeper - 12 hours at night and a 2-4 hour nap in the middle of the day. Every day. I am soooooo grateful he's so consistent and has been that way since about 2 months old. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if he wasn't!

If I can't schedule appointments during his naptime, Kal is usually entertained by whoever comes over. He loves everybody, especially kids who are older than him. So when a client brings her daughter for braids and her son to play with Kal, it works out pretty well if they don't get too rowdy. (Kal is very, very excitable. It's weird to me that he's not biologically mine, because he behaves eerily similar to me. I swear.)

Pre-baby, I worked fulltime and still came home in the evenings and had up to 4 clients each night! I have since scaled back. Baby takes up lots and lots of time. I'm sure I'll have to re-think things again when Baby #2 decides to come along. :)

















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...