Sunday, April 28, 2013

"I Loooove Schoolboys"

First, let me explain that quote. Because I'm laughing right now and I can barely type! A "schoolboy" is a type of haircut. Years ago... back before we were married, one of Zay's neighbors was over (probably waiting for a haircut) and a bunch of folks were talking about haircuts that they like. And this neighbor friend said, "I loooove schoolboys." It sounded so wrong. Like how a girl would say she loves chocolate - eyes closed and everything. And we just cracked up! We'll never let him live that one down!

K, so Zay's been cutting hair for as long as I've known him. It's just a talent he's practiced and made perfect (although he'd never say he's perfect at it) and it has never left him. He cuts family's hair for free and brings his clippers on vacation with him. He cuts hair almost every day of the week, late into the night some nights. He seeks out well-known barbers and calls them up and asks them how he could do better. That's just the kind of person he is.

But speaking of schoolboys! Zay's been tackling school lately and I am so beyond proud of him. :D He has always regretted not going to college right after high school, but it's never too late to start of course. He wants to show our kids that education is important and he wants to be able to provide for us with a job that doesn't require cutting hair every day for the rest of his life! He's majoring in Social Work and he's been writing papers and leaving the house with his backpack on... that is just SO ADORABLE. I love it! Makes me so happy. He aced his classes this semester. Awww, yeah baby! Got me a college man. :)







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog