Thursday, June 6, 2013

To Cook or Not to Cook

I loooove fooooood.

I don't cook much... or very well, typically. But I'm working on it, and I sometimes have success. I even try getting fancy with theme birthday cakes. :)

But most days we eat eggs or cereal for breakfast (mostly cereal), sandwiches of some sort for lunch or fruit or cereal (a lot of cereal), and then if it's a good night we'll have some sort of simple chicken meal for dinner with canned veggies... or just whatever we find in the cupboard or fridge... or cereal (of course). Yep, that sounds about right. Kal always eats well, I make a point about that. But the rest of us are just food scavengers.

Good thing my man loves me, right? He saves the day and cooks a lot (and when he cooks, we eat GOOD). And he doesn't ask for much. Even if I offer to make him something he is normally just fine eating some fruit. (Wait, now that I think about it - does that mean he just hates my cooking that bad?? Ha ha. Dangit.)

Yesterday we had a conversation that went something like this:

Zay: "Hey, babe - could you make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, pleeease?"

*gives me puppy dog eyes*

Me: "Dude, I'm totally about the lay down on the couch and write in my journal. My momentum was headed that way and everything."

Zay: "Please?" *sideways smile*

Me: "Only if this is considered dinner!" *grinning*

Zay: "I don't care."

*making sandwich, almost finished*

Me: "Wait, do you want milk with this too?"

Zay: "Yep. Can't eat PB&J without milk."

Me: "Dangit, Zay."

*pouring milk, putting stuff away*

Me: "Wait, do you want one sandwich or two?"

Zay: "Two, pleeease!" (using his cute little boy voice)

Me: "Dangit, Zay!"

*gets stuff back out to make second sandwich*

Me: "Do you want fresh-squeezed orange juice too?!"

Zay: "Yep, and while you're at it can you make me some pancakes?"

Ha ha ha. We love the show Parks & Recreation and that's a quote from the very first episode, I think - "If you're going in the kitchen can you make me some pancakes real quick?"

Anyways, he knows not to ask me to make food. It's just too much of a task. And if he cooks, he knows that's the quickest way to my heart. He gets major bonus points for that, because he's so good at it and I suck.

I have a love-hate relationship with food (don't we all?). I've heard people say things like, "Oh my gosh I totally just binged and ate two donuts." And I'm like, "I totally just ate two large pizzas by myself. I win!" Lol. The first thing I'm going to do when I get rich one of these days is to hire a personal chef who will feed me and my family the healthiest and tastiest foods on a schedule. I don't know the going rate for personal chefs these days, but it's gotta be worth it.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog