Monday, July 29, 2013

Dear Baby #2


We spend a lot of time out in the yard, doing yard work or sitting on the porch and just talking about anything and everything. I like to think and write and take in the scenery. This is the view of the mountains from our place. So pretty. :)

Dear Baby #2,

I know without a doubt that we want to add more children to our family. Sooner rather than later. We don't want for there to be a huge age gap between the first and second child. Kal-El, your older brother, is already here. His birth and adoption were miracles for our family. We know your story will be just as amazing and miraculous - it already is. If you come to us through adoption, we won't know your birth mother's side of the story until we meet her and get to know her... but right now I can tell you our side of the story...

You have been fought for, sought after, loved, and wanted for years. Many years before you were born. Your father has wanted kids for over a decade and the struggle to bring you into our family has been a long one. A tough one. I didn't know I wanted to be a mother until I met my nephew - your cousin Evander. He lit up my life. He was an unexpected light of joy for me. I got to hold him at the hospital and I just felt this explosion of happiness and knew I wanted to be a mom to lots of children - as many as I could have. I wanted a big, loving family. And your father and I have prayed many times over the years for God to guide our babies home to us.

Infertility created a roadblock in our plans for a family. But adoption is something that was planted in my heart years ago and I convinced your father of it. Many of our friends were adopted, lived in foster care, or have family members who were adopted. We can see God's influence in those situations. This is a broken world. And not every child is born into desirable circumstances. But life is a miracle and a blessing. Even when it was stumbled upon accidentally, new life - a growing child - changes hearts. And sometimes adoption is a merciful blessing and an answer to prayers on all sides. Families bravely join together over the love of one special baby. And a new family is created. We gained an entire extended family when we adopted Kal and we love his birth family so much! If we could do that again, it would be amazing.

We will keep searching for you. We don't know where you'll come from. We don't know what your name will be (we had a name picked out, but we threw it out the window and will wait to know you first). We don't know if you'll be a boy or girl, short or tall, light- or dark-skinned. It doesn't matter. It really doesn't. When we hold you, we'll know your spirit. You'll fit right in like a missing puzzle piece and make our family more complete. We will do everything we can to give you opportunities for growth and success that you may not have otherwise had. And we will teach you the Gospel of Jesus Christ and guide you to be a strong man or woman of character and integrity.

We expect you to come to us through adoption, but we can't be 100% sure about that! Life can sometimes be surprising. If I got pregnant with you, I would be simply amazed. Either way, you will be loved with all our hearts (you already are), just like your big brother. Becoming parents has been the best thing to ever happen for us. My heart has grown, for sure. I know we have lots more love to give to another child. And Kal will be an amazing older brother to you. We are excited to see you play together and love each other and share and laugh. I know you'll fight at times, but we want to teach you to treasure your siblings. They are like built-in best friends. I was best friends with my younger brother - your Uncle Josh - for many years when it was just the two of us living at home with our Mama - your Granny B. Nothing makes me happier than imagining you with your brother. And imagining your father and I actually having a family of 4 makes me want to smile so big!

There have been lots of ups and downs along the way. We actually thought you were on your way to us a few weeks ago, but God had other plans. We are still waiting for you to get here and join the party! :)

Come home soon!

LOTS OF LOVE & ALL MY HEART,
*Mama*





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog