Thursday, July 11, 2013

Journaling Through Our Adoption Trip: Day 5


Zay woke up early and got breakfast before we did. Then Kal and I got breakfast at 9. Kal woke up with a cough and a runny nose. I don't know if it was because of sleeping next to the A/C or what. Dangit, I should've put him in his crib. I gave him some cough medicine before breakfast.

We watched TV all day, couldn't bring ourselves to go out and do anything. Watched "World's Dumbest Partiers" and "Impractical Jokers." Then a couple basketball movies, White Men Can't Jump and Above the Rim.

Kal wanted to run all around the hotel, so I let him explore while I just walked around following him. I'm having a hard time functioning today. Happy 4th of July. :(

I drove to Walmart by myself to get some diapers and to have time to think and be away from the room for a bit. I saw soooo many black people. Lol. Utah is too white! It made me so happy and so homesick for Georgia. I took Zay's phone to use his GPS. I didn't wanna get lost in this huge city. But he called me on it and the ringtone was up SO LOUD and it was one of Zay's buddy's rap songs. Of course it totally had the “n” word in it and I was trying to dig through my purse to find the dang thing and I was so embarrassed to be this out-of-town white girl in the middle of all these black folks with that song on my phone!! Thanks a lot, Zay!

Kal took a long nap today and Zay and I got a moment of peace. It was nice. Zay said he was enjoying the trip even if things haven't gone as planned. It's nice to get away. I was glad to hear that.

I talked to my in-laws on the phone. They wanted to know what happened. My mother-in-law said, “Hmm. Sounds like somebody talked to her.” They were excited for another grandbaby. It was hard to tell them it wasn't happening.

I feel better today than I did yesterday. I guess I'm coming to grips with it. Although there is a part of me that is still hoping adoption was the right answer for her and we'll get a phone call.

We played Scrabble. Zay definitely knows how to make me happy. I love Scrabble. :)


We ordered some really greasy Chinese food. The lady on the phone was really nice, but I could barely understand her. She kept wishing me a “Happy 4th!” I told her I was sorry she had to work. She laughed. When the delivery guy showed up at the front desk, Kal and I went to go pick it up. The guy acted like he didn't know how to give me correct change, and he held onto $5 more than he was supposed to. I just said, “That's fine, whatever...” because Kal suddenly disappeared and I needed to go find him. He's learned how to use the elevators and had taken off up the lobby elevator (an elevator we've never even been on before) and one of the ladies at the front desk ran and found him on the 2nd floor. Omg, boy – give me a heart attack, why don't you!

We ate our greasy food, heard some fireworks go off but we didn't see any, and went to bed. It was hard to find the right temperature for the room with the humidity outside. We slept well, though. I'm sad I'm missing the Kelly Clarkson concert at the Stadium of Fire in Provo tonight.

Click for Day 6





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog