Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Transracial Christian Art

I mentioned before that one of my favorite paintings is called "Hand in Hand" by Greg Olsen. I love interracial art, especially art depicting Jesus among or tending to black children.

I've always imagined my children being black. That threw me off when we were first adopting and we were matched with a full Caucasian little girl. Coincidentally, that adoption didn't pan out and every child we've been tentatively matched with since then has been black or bi-racial. I've dreamed of adopting a little black girl from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Maybe that'll still happen one day. But right now I'm thinking of a little African-American baby girl due in March who may end up being our child. I can't even wrap my head around that thought. I'm wishing and hoping that it's true, but it's not in my hands.

Here are a few of my favorite paintings that show Jesus with black children that I absolutely LOVE. I'm on the lookout for similar art if anyone knows of any.

Worth of a Soul by Liz Lemon Swindle:


For All Mankind by Liz Lemon Swindle:


Hand in Hand by Greg Olsen:








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog