Tuesday, October 15, 2013

When Should Your Child Stop Seeing You Naked?

I know some families are pretty open and unashamed when it comes to nudity. For me personally, I have decided that 2 1/2 years old is the cut-off point for children seeing their parents naked.

Kal has reached that age. So... no more streaking through the house. No more shared baths. It's time to cover up! (I guess this really only applies to us as the parents. Until he's completely potty-trained, I still expect to see his naked bum running through the house fairly often...)

Around this age is the point when he will probably start holding onto memories of his childhood. And I don't want to scar him for life. No one wants that image of their parents burned into their brains!

I think it would be a little different with a girl. Teaching her to love her body and not be ashamed of it might be a little trickier while teaching her about modesty and privacy. But with our knucklehead little boy, I think now is the time for everyone to keep covered up in general.

We're gonna have to start being a little more modest around here. And locking our bedroom door. ;)

Speaking of things that may "scar" him... We'll never stop kissing in front of him, though. Sorry, buddy! You're gonna grow up with the mushiest parents around. Better get used to it! I think it's healthy for him to see us show each other affection, whether he ends up thinking it's gross or not. Ha ha. :)


Photo: www.ToLoveHonorAndVacuum.com


EDIT: I didn't put much thought into this post, just ramblings in my head. But a few months later I read a blog post that summed up what I was trying to say better than I did - go read it!: The Naked Question





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog