Friday, November 15, 2013

One Step at a Time

Photo: Hope Connections

I'm on quite a few journeys at this point in my life as I'm working towards some goals and trying to make some positive changes. And sometimes I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water. I'm still taking steps towards where I want to be, but those steps seem so small... and some of the struggling I'm doing appears to have no end in sight. I need a break... from something. But I'm not sure what. Everything seems extra difficult right now.

I take on a lot. I do too much for too many people. I care too much about other people's problems and it takes an emotional toll on me. For once I'm trying to take care of myself, but that's harder than it sounds when you've never put yourself first. It feels against my nature and I'm trying to force myself to remember that I'm important too, my needs matter, and it's okay to back out of things when my plate is too full and it's okay to say "no" when someone is wanting more from me. I can't do it all.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog