Friday, January 24, 2014

Unexpected


I was in the middle of writing posts about New Year's Resolutions and about Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. But that will have to wait... because o...m...g.

Miss H is at the hospital getting induced... 8 weeks early!!! Enter panic mode. I was ready to hop on the next flight out of here yesterday when she told me, but she told me to wait. She needs time. She doesn't want a repeat of what happened to us last time. So she needs to make sure the adoption is the right decision first before we go anywhere.

So we're waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting to hear anything at all. Can't think about anything else.

I can't believe Baby Girl is making her appearance this early. Miss H kept saying she thought she was going to come early, but I kept dismissing the thought. I thought we'd make it to 38 weeks and we'd spend a leisurely 2 weeks helping her around the house and making sure she got to her appointments. That definitely didn't happen!

I'm worried about their health. About what caused this to happen (which I'm not entirely sure about, but I can guess). About how Baby Girl is going to handle being a not-quite-32-weeker in the NICU. I need more details!

So, we may be headed out to Mississippi soon or we may be sitting here trying to figure out our life again. Either way, I know patience is really important right now. Miss H needs time to figure things out. And it's our job to give her the space to do so.

I just hope they're okay. Please, please, please let them be okay.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog