Monday, February 3, 2014

Help for Miss H

Let's say you had a friend. And this friend of yours was having a hard time. I mean, a really hard time. To the point where she almost had to sacrifice her new baby so that her other children could eat and have a roof over their head. A baby she was unprepared for. A baby she did not ask for, but was forced upon her. A baby who she chose life for and now loves more than anything. She could've placed this baby for adoption, but she just couldn't. And she will struggle and she knows it. She's not asking for help, but she'll need it. You need more than love to raise a child.

What would you do for your friend?

What would you do if she wasn't your friend at all, but a stranger? Does that make a difference?

More than 16 million children live in poverty in the United States. You don't have to be wealthy to have a happy life or a good life, but there's a standard of living that I think everyone should have a chance at. Some people don't have that chance. Some people don't know how to get out of the cycle of poverty.

I want to do something for Miss H. I want to show her that there are good and nice people in the world. That there's hope. That there's a chance for her and for Baby Girl.

If we had adopted her, I would've thrown the biggest baby shower ever! I know my friends would've stepped up and brought gifts and showered her and me. And I would have spoiled that little girl rotten... in the best way possible. With all the love and safety and security and opportunities I could give her for the rest of my life. I know she would've had a completely different life with me.

Is that fair?

Is it fair that this same Baby Girl won't get that same treatment because Miss H wants to parent her? NO. She should have better support and resources than she does. It's not fair. A woman should be able to parent her child. Period. This is America. We should have a better system in place.

There should be more options than abortion, adoption, or suffering in poverty.

I don't know how to make America better in general. I don't know how to end poverty or rape or create a better support system for single mothers. But I do know that I can help one child in the short-term. I know I can do that much. WE could do that much, right?

If you would've been all for sending me some diapers or some cute baby girl clothes before... would you do it now for the same child? The only difference is we didn't adopt her? Does she still deserve something, anything?



If you want to help in any way, email me at xavierandaliceanne {AT} gmail {DOT} com with the subject "Help for Miss H." Even if it's just to say, "I'm in!" I'm still brainstorming what would best help her, so share your ideas with me!

EDIT: So it sounds like people will be sending things to me and I'll take pictures of everything (to post later), pack it all up in a big package (or multiple packages if it's a lot!), and send it off in a couple weeks. Diapers are a good idea. And cute girl clothes! She's a premie, but she's a very chunky, healthy premie. So "normal" sized clothes are good. It'll be hot and humid where she lives this summer when she's about 3-8 months old. Email me if you're interesting in contributing to this "virtual baby shower"! :)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog