Thursday, March 20, 2014

Trip to Colorado

I got to see my nephew last month! It's been so long. His mom moved with him to Colorado a couple years ago and I've missed them so much and have only gotten to see him a handful of times. My brother, Kal, & I took a road trip the first weekend we had the time and money. I was so happy it finally happened! Our schedules never line up like that. Zay was sad I abandoned him to a couple days of bachelor living, but he was glad I came back grinning and renewed after the visit.

We met my nephew's step-dad, who was super nice to us and talked a ton and cooked us lunch. And, um, we found out they had had a baby. Evander's got a little brother and neither one of us had any idea, so that was shocking. I wish we had more involvement in his life the way it used to be, but Zay, Kal, & I kind of got thrown out of the family along with my brother. I get why, but it sucks. We had nothing to do with them breaking up, but it has to do with who we're connected to. So, the plan is that my bro will get everything together to move closer to his son and get to be a father on a regular basis. Staying in Utah is no longer relevant for him. And I'm really hoping that happens, but I know my little family won't get the same opportunity. I'll take what I can get.

This boy is so energetic. We played "zombies" out in the yard and board games and toys in his room. Before we left, I told him I loved him and I hoped he'd always remember that. He nodded sadly and told his dad that he should "stay in Colorado and live at my house!" (lol... I don't think that would go over well with mom or step-dad). But it was so sweet.  I was sad to leave, but happy that he was so happy and that I got that small chance to see him. I'll always remember that visit.












Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog