Sunday, July 13, 2014

Feeling at Home

We looooove the new place we're living in. Feels like home. For serious. Like, there's a peach orchard next to us and a cherry tree in our yard. That seriously makes me happy! Too bad this is yet again another temporary place if we really truly move to Georgia next year (that's the plan...), but we're enjoying the heck out of it while we're here. And it's so nice to finally love a place and know that we're not leaving here unless it's a BIG MOVE out of state. Zay thinks we're going to like it too much here and never wanna leave. I think he's right, but we both know Georgia is where we need to be. I'm just gonna be clinging hard to all that I love about this place until that time comes.

We're getting to know people in our ward, but I still head back to our old ward to see friends there every once in awhile when I'm down that way:

At a ward BBQ at our former RS President's house.


Helping set up!

I got this painting of the Mt. Timpanogos temple for our living room at a ward's Women's Workshop. Kal was sealed to us here. He knows it as his temple. :)

I don't know why I don't have pics of actual people, ha ha. I loved our old ward! But we'll make new friends at church here in our new place. Kal is already adjusted and makes friends at the drop of a hat. And he loves his new room. It's SO big. I actually measured it, because I wondered how many children we could get approved for if we did foster care here and it was close to 200 sq ft. But that lucky little sucker gets it all to himself, cuz I don't think we'll do foster care just yet (I think we should do it after we make that BIG MOVE and get settled into Georgia).

One day I was washing the dishes and looking out the kitchen window at Kal trying really hard to ride his bike (he's just now getting good at it) and I realized - we've never lived in a place that had a window over the kitchen sink before. It kind of amazed me how noticing something small like that meant so much to me. Looking out over the yard where Kal is playing while I'm getting some dishes done... I don't know. It was one of those "perfect moments" and I wished I could capture that feeling and just live in it always.

We live next door to one of Zay's best friends. They met at work and instantly knew they were meant to be friends. Any of you watch the show Psych? They totally act like Shawn & Gus when they get around each other. I don't know how many times I've slipped up and called him Shawn instead of his real name, lol.


They are hilarious together and his wife is a sweetheart. I love that we can just sit out on our porches with our neighbors and feel completely content, sharing our food, and laughing at (and mean with) Kal... he's a clown and loves to entertain people. There's been a couple times when our neighbor's wife has come out to water her flowers and Kal has randomly stripped down naked in the yard. Yep. She's like, "Kal! Where are your pants???" And he'll just grin and put his fists on his hips, naked as a jay bird. My goodness, boy. I knew I shouldn't have taught him how to pee outside, lol. He also likes to go over to their door and peek through the screen and say, "Hiiii!" Ha ha. I think he has a crush on her.

My mama likes to send me things in the mail all the time. She's so sweet. I don't know how many times I get a letter (like, the 5 page long kind of letters) or a card or a package from her. Not to mention all the hours-long phone calls! My mama can talk/write as much as I can. Kal calls her "Granny B." If I catch Kal pretend-talking into my phone, I'll ask him who he's talking to and he'll say, "Granny B!" Ha ha. She sends him books and little gifts whenever she can. Getting stuff from her reminds me of home all the time.

"Happy Early Christmas!" ha ha ha... I'm pretty sure she sent this in May.

Anyways, we're all unpacked now. Definitely settled in. Packing and unpacking this last time encouraged me to purge a lot of baby stuff. I still had formula, clothes, a swing, diapers, bottles, bassinet. All kinds of things. I figure I can get those things when I need them... I really don't need to hang onto them. Hanging onto them is like hanging onto trauma. Letting them go is a relief.

What I'm really excited for is to super simplify right before we leave the state. THAT'S gonna be a blast! Have a yard sale and get rid of every single last thing we own. That's gonna be awesome. Freeing. Simplifying to the point where only our essentials will be in the van with us when we make that cross-country trip to start over. I don't know why, but that sounds so fun to me.

But I won't get ahead of myself. Enjoying the present is priority #1 for me right now!





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog