Thursday, July 3, 2014

Video Flashback: Kal Learning to Stand!

This is a video of Zay, my brother, and I cheering Kal on the day he learned how to stand up on his own without holding onto anything. This was an exciting day!

We laughed about how weird it was when he just randomly started to rise up in the middle of the living room floor. It came out of nowhere... when we had just been talking about him earlier in the day and wondering when he was going to get on the ball about standing and walking.

Is it bad that we compared him to a chimpanzee? Or that it looked like a key moment in human evolution when he went from crawling to slowly standing upright? Ha ha ha. He is SO adorable and I mean nothing bad by the chimp comparison! Toddlers ARE little monkeys. :)

Watching this video today makes me tear up. He was SO LITTLE. Watching your child grow up is very surreal.

P.S. - I have since learned to hold my phone the right way when I'm taking a video, lol. Sideways videos bug the heck out of me, but I am guilty of it too.

Video:



I didn't mind my first baby staying a baby for so long. I enjoyed the heck out of those first 15 months. Once he started standing up on his own, walking soon followed, and now he's a big boy! The sweet baby days are long gone... and videos like this make me cry. Ahh! :)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog