Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Butterfly Circus


In one of the foster care classes I got to go to, we watched a short film called The Butterfly Circus. It was a tearjerker! (Totally worth a watch. It's only 20 minutes - watch it!) Then we had a great discussion about the worth of a person and related it to the worth of each child who ends up in foster care. It has nothing to do with foster care, but some great parallels can be made... about how much of a difference we can make when we see and encourage the potential in every person/child and actually care and give someone a chance and a place to be themselves, even when their life has been hard and they may not trust you at first. It was a very interesting and heart-piercing discussion and confirmed in my mind the love and dedication required of foster parents... and how I know I need to be involved. I just know it. There's probably no greater work I'll ever do... that's why I'm afraid to get started! :)



 "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God" (D&C 18:10)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog