Wednesday, April 8, 2015

What's for Dinner?

What’s for dinner?

I found this blog recently (Living Well Spending Less) and have really been wanting to try making freezer meals and using my crock pot a lot more, so I've been inspired to try again and really give it a shot at catching on around here. Zay is awesome at cooking dinner for me, but it's exhausting to do it every night and sometimes we just find ourselves eating cereal instead. Laaame. Or caving and eating fast food. Blech. So we're going to try to have a "food prep day" every two weeks and make 10 freezer meals. That way all we have to do 10 days outta 14 is to take a bag out of the freezer and throw it in the crock pot sometime early in the day and it'll be ready when I get home from work. Whoo hoo!


I'm all about easy step-by-step instructions, so I don't screw things up. And we're all about convenience these days because our lives are so busy. I think the most important part of the day is dinnertime with the fam, so I'm trying to make it happen every single night. Sitting around that table and talking and eating is vital. If that's gonna happen, we need an easier way to go about it. I think this will really work for us if we just get into a good routine with it.

So, tonight is grocery shopping (that I didn't get done on Sat) and food prep day, so we can eat less stress-fully the next couple of weeks. Now that we're a family of four, things need to get a little more efficient around here! Dinner tonight we'll be using up some leftovers in the fridge to make room for the new groceries. But dinner tomorrow will be one of the freezer meals we put together tonight. I'm actually excited about this! Lol.

I'm totally printing THESE out and putting them in a little recipe book to keep in the kitchen. Shopping List + Prep Instructions + Recipes. Easy peasy. I think I can handle that. Thank you Interwebz... for walking me through cooking so it doesn't have to be so dang hard.

I'll let you know how this goes. :)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog